National Cervical Cancer Coalition
To find out if you qualify for a free or low-cost mammogram and Pap test and where to get screened, call: (866) EWL-4-YOU [866-395-4968] (in state) or (804) 864-8204 (outside of state)
Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program
Virginia Department of Health
109 Governor Street, 8th Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
Fax: (804) 864-7763
Editors Note: After speaking with society, I learned the following info: Free breast exams and cervical exam screening for women 40-46 years of age, or women 18-39 who have had previous abnormal pap or are concerned about a breast lump. If abnormal findings, society will continue with you, providing for further tests, possibly treatments. Cost: none if in need/ uninsured. Income self declared. Medicare will pay for annual paps, so if receiving Medicaid please go through a Medicaid provider.
Women’s Health Care in Roanoke, VA / Affiliated with Planned Parenthood
Roanoke Health Center offers the following women’s health services:
- checkups when you have a reproductive/sexual health problem
- breast exams
- cervical cancer screening
- fibroids evaluation
- mammogram referrals
- menopause and midlife — testing and treatment
- Pap test
- routine physicals for women age 13 and older
- urinary tract infections — testing and treatment
- vaginal infections — testing and treatment
- Other services we may provide include help with irregular periods or no periods, painful periods, painful sex, bleeding between periods, menstrual problems (premenstrual syndrome) or even a lost tampon.
Editors Note: after speaking with center I gleaned the following info: Medicaid will pay for 100% of pap cost 1x year and STD testing 1×6 months including HIV, HPV if desired. If uninsured, cost will be $130 for pap (includes initial office visit), $47 for additional testing of Gonorrhea and Chlamydia if desired. Must pay on day of service to get this price. Curerntly there is a special -get approx. $65 off costs if you sign up for a fee breast exam (will be running through Feb, 2012, perhaps later). If insured, let center know when you make your appointment and give them your insurance info. They will find out what is covered and will let you know your costs.