The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) welcomes participation from men and women 55 years of age and over, regardless of income, creed, education, and including individuals with disabilities. The purpose of the program is to help adults aged 55 and older find volunteer opportunities to help strengthen communities.
Federally funded by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), Floyd/Giles RSVP is sponsored in Floyd and Giles counties by New River Community Action, Inc. The local county governments provide financial support as well.
What can one expect from RSVP?
- A personal interview by RSVP staff.
- Placement in volunteer work suited to your abilities, availability, interests and skills.
- Team work atmosphere geared to the Boomer generation.
- Follow-up and support by RSVP staff.
- A volunteer benefits package that includes: monthly newsletter, secondary medical, auto and life insurance, recognition events,
transportation and training as needed.
- Opportunity to have a voice in the community regarding the needs of senior adults.
- The satisfaction of knowing you made an impact in your community!
To find out about the volunteer opportunities that are available in your area, call (540) 921-2037 for Giles County or (540) 745-2105 for Floyd County.
Following are additional RSVP contact information:
Check out our Giles RSVP Blog site for current activities at http://gilesrsvp.blogspot.com